iPhoneography: Dreamy Sunsets of Barbados

iPhoneography: Dreamy Sunsets of Barbados

Normally, I travel everywhere with my camera, no matter the inconvenience. But when my husband and I traveled to Barbados for our good friends’ wedding, my camera was rarely spotted. After my unfortunate incident in Carmel-by-the-sea, I kept my camera tucked away safely, out of the harmful reach of the ocean’s waves and blowing sand. So, the majority of my photos from my time in beautiful Barbados were snapped on my iPhone.

What made the trip extra gratifying was the fact we escaped the harsh Canadian winter in the month of February, one of the coldest and snowiest months of the year! Absolute paradise for us Canadians, desperate for sunshine and warmth nearing the end of a long, frigid winter.

Probably one of my favourite feelings ever is to have spent a full day swimming in the ocean, feeling invigorated and rejuvenated from the ocean’s saltwater, drying off in the warm breeze, with waves of my own forming in my hair.

I left these photos untouched, unedited, and unfiltered. Straight from my iPhone, I would love to share just how beautiful the sunsets were in Dover Beach, Barbados:

The two silhouettes out in the ocean belong to an elderly couple that waded into the waves holding hands. So sweet :)

Pretty dreamy, right?

• iPhone takes amazing pictures and that’s what I love about it. I have a basic SLR yet I use my iPhone to take pictures most of the time. Your sunset pictures are absolutely magical !

• Incredible that these photos are untouched and unfiltered – sometimes the beauty of nature is most incredible in its pure form! Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday, and definitely a great place to escape winter!! Merry Christmas! Enjoy those beautiful sunsets :)

• Wow.. Those are just gorgeous photos! Glad that you uploaded them without filter.. Definitely didn’t that! I especially loved your photo of the elderly couple.. Such a sweet moment indeed!

• Dreamy sunsets for sure! It is amazing how much an Iphone can do and unedited?! Nice job on these! I have friends that only travel with their phones (no other cameras) it is possible!

• These are great pictures and to know these are unedited is quite something. More and More mobile phones are coming up with awesome built in cameras that is enough for our day to day photography.

• Both a testament to the quality of the iPhone camera and the natural beauty of Barbados, these pictures are absolutely stunning. We’re definitely lucky to live in time where we have access to cameras at any given moment- definitely something I take for granted way too often.

• These are some superb landscape shots. Sunset and sunrise are our favourite moments for photography and we love to see pictures of sunset and sunrise also. The sunset pics of Barbados are really mesmerizing and make me crave for the experience of a sunset at this heavenly place.

• As a Canadian right now…in the most frigid weather…I hear ya! I need to escape. Barbados… so beautiful. I’m actually going to be there for a day in February off a cruise. I’m super excited! Your iPhoneography is very beautiful, it’s amazing what these smartphone cameras can do.