Hi there! I’m Alli, and I’m thrilled you’ve stopped by. It won’t take you long to feel my passion for writing and adventure.
Whether it’s wandering new cities, jumping into new oceans, navigating airports, hearing different languages, seeing new passport stamps, tasting exotic foods, sleeping in hostels/hotels/tents … I love it. I love it ALL and I can’t seem to get enough of it!
I also just love a postcard . . . the more vintage, the better.
When I travel I feel powerful and in charge of my life. As I combine travel with writing I feel strong, happy, and fulfilled. I’ve been in love with travel and adventure for as long as I can remember, truly bitten by the travel bug at a young age.
When I’m not traveling, you will find me at the gym lifting weights, feeling zen at yoga, taking my dog on woodsy adventures, and of course writing away in various coffee shops throughout the city.
I own a globe flagged with the places I’ve been. I spin and watch it whirl, studying places I’ve never been, imagining my next trip. I just want to see as much of the world as I can and experience as many different cultures possible!
Like everyone else in this world, my life has had its share of ups and downs. Travel has been the one constant in my life and has provided me with healing, self-discovery, independence, and cultural awareness and appreciation.
1. I have traveled to 27 countries and 6 continents
2. I am so in love with my rescue dog, Baker
3. I am always eating
4. I love being Canadian
5. I like Archie Comics
6. I can be very stubborn
7. I love Flight of the Conchords
8. My favourite season is the fall
9. I think campfires at nighttime are romantic
10. I have psychic dreams that come true
11. I love to sing, especially Christmas carols
12. I will never miss or skip eating breakfast. Never.
13. I have broken a bone too many times to count
14. Whenever I set my alarm to it has to end in a 7
15. I love loose leaf tea
16. My favourite books are Anne of Green Gables & The Art of Racing in the Rain
17. I love Jim Carrey
18. My favourite food is Thanksgiving dinner
19. I once asked a blind man for directions before realizing he was blind. He gave me the right directions.
20. I like to write messages on foggy mirrors
21. I will go slightly out of my way to step on a crunchy looking leaf
22. I wish I had an invisibility cloak
23. I wish I lived in the 50’s
24. I can be incredibly spontaneous
25. I think the cutest animal ever is a baby elephant. I can cry just looking at one.
26. I drink my coffee black
27. I love practicing hot yoga
28. My favourite movie is Dumb and Dumber
29. I can be very sneaky
30. I get goosebumps watching ballet
ABOUT THE VINTAGE POSTCARD
I have been writing this blog since 2012, which stemmed from my love of travel, writing, and photography. I wanted a creative space to document my photos and travel experiences.
I absolutely love everything vintage and from another time. I also really enjoy finding the perfect postcard to send during my travels, especially if it is a vintage one! So the name for my blog just kind of fell into place.
I love sharing my thoughts and experiences, and this blog has been the perfect medium for me to do just that! I wish it to be a resource to those who are looking for inspiration and information. I don’t write this blog to make money or to urge others to uproot their life and become an indefinite nomad like countless other travel blogs out there. For me, it is all about finding balance between travel and home life.
I look forward to filling my life with as much health, happiness, and adventure as I possibly can – with no indications of my travel bug getting squashed in sight!