Hi there! I’m Alli, and I’m thrilled you’ve stopped by. It won’t take you long to feel my passion for writing and adventure. Whether it’s wandering new cities, jumping into new oceans, navigating airports, hearing different languages, seeing new passport stamps, tasting exotic foods, sleeping in hostels/hotels/tents … I love it. I love it ALL and I can’t seem to get enough of it!
I also just love a postcard . . . the more vintage, the better.
I would like to mention that I don’t write this blog to make money or to urge you to uproot your life and be an indefinite nomad like countless other travel blogs. This blog stemmed from my love of travel, writing, and photography. I wish it to be a resource to those who are looking for inspiration and information.
When I travel I feel powerful and in charge of my life. As I combine travel with writing I feel strong, happy, and fulfilled. I’ve been in love with travel and adventure for as long as I can remember, truly bitten by the travel bug at a young age.
When I’m not traveling, you will find me at the gym lifting weights, pressed back into downward dog, cooking and baking over the stove, curled up on the couch reading a book, and of course writing away in various coffee shops throughout the city.
I own a globe flagged with the places I’ve been. I spin and watch it whirl, studying places I’ve never been, imagining my next trip. I just want to see as much of the world as I can and experience as many different cultures possible! Like everyone else in this world, my life has had its share of ups and downs. Travel has been the one constant in my life and has provided me with healing, self discovery, independence, and cultural awareness and appreciation.
When I graduated from university, I was proud most definitely, but more excited than anything. I had paid off my tuition and student loans. I could start reading and writing for fun. Most importantly, I look forward to fulfilling the rest of my life with as much health, happiness, and adventure as I possibly can.
30 Facts About Alli
1. I have traveled to 27 countries and 6 continents
2. I am so in love with my rescue dog, Baker
3. I am always eating
4. I love being Canadian
5. I like Archie Comics
6. I can be very stubborn
7. I love Flight of the Conchords
8. My favourite season is fall
9. I think campfires at nighttime are romantic
10. I have psychic dreams that come true
11. I love to sing, especially Christmas carols
12. I will never miss or skip eating breakfast. Never.
13. I have broken a bone too many times to count
14. Whatever time I set my alarm to it has to end in a 7
15. I am obsessed with loose leaf tea
16. My favourite book is The Art of Racing in the Rain
17. I love Jim Carrey
18. My favourite foods are Vietnamese, Greek, and a Canadian Thanksgiving dinner
19. I once asked a blind man for directions before realizing he was blind. He gave me the right directions.
20. I like to write messages on foggy windows and mirrors
21. I will go slightly out of my way to step on a crunchy looking leaf
22. I wish I had an invisibility cloak
23. I like vintage everything and wished I lived in the 50’s
24. I can be incredibly spontaneous at the drop of a hat
25. I think the cutest animal ever is a baby elephant
26. I drink my coffee black
27. I love hot yoga
28. My favourite movie is Dumb and Dumber
29. I can be very sneaky
30. I get goosebumps watching ballet