Hi there! I’m Alli, and I’m thrilled you’ve stopped by. It won’t take you long to feel my passion for writing and adventure. Whether it’s wandering new cities, jumping into new oceans, navigating airports, hearing different languages, seeing new passport stamps, tasting exotic foods, sleeping in hostels/hotels/tents … I love it. I love it ALL and I can’t seem to get enough of it!
I also just love a postcard . . . the more vintage, the better.
My love for writing and reading transcended into a university degree in English literature and creative writing with a certificate in professional communications. When I travel I feel powerful and in charge of my life. As I combine travel with writing I feel strong, happy, and fulfilled. I’ve been in love with travel and adventure for as long as I can remember, truly bitten by the travel bug at a young age.
When I’m not traveling, you will find me at the gym lifting weights, pressed back into downward dog, cooking and baking over the stove, curled up on the couch reading a book, and of course writing away in various coffee shops throughout the city.
I own a globe flagged with the places I’ve been. I spin and watch it whirl, studying places I’ve never been, imagining my next trip. I just want to see as much of the world as I can and experience as many different cultures possible! Like everyone else in this world, my life has had its share of ups and downs. Travel has been the one constant in my life and has provided me with healing, self discovery, independence, and cultural awareness and appreciation.
When I graduated from university, I was proud most definitely, but more excited than anything. I had paid off my tuition and student loans. I could start reading and writing for fun. Most importantly, I look forward to fulfilling the rest of my 20’s with as much health, happiness, and adventure as I possibly can.
30 facts about Alli
1. I have traveled to 26 countries and 6 continents
2. I am in love with Asian décor, especially Japanese
3. I am always eating
4. I love being Canadian
5. I like Archie Comics and have since I was a kid
6. I am very stubborn in that I hate being told what to do
7. I love Flight of the Conchords and it would be a dream to meet them
8. I am always stretching and doing yoga, even if I’m busy on the road traveling
9. I think campfires at nighttime are romantic
10. I have psychic dreams that come true
11. I love to sing, especially Christmas carols
12. I will never miss or skip eating breakfast. Never.
13. I have broken a bone too many times to count
14. Whatever time I set my alarm to it has to end in a 7
15. I have never ever dyed or highlighted my hair
16. My favourite books are Where the Red Fern Grows, Jane Eyre, and The Help
17. I love Jim Carrey
18. My favourite foods are Vietnamese, Greek cuisine, and strawberry banana smoothies
19. I once asked a blind man for directions before realizing he was blind. He gave me the right directions.
20. I like to write messages on foggy windows and mirrors
21. I will go slightly out of my way to step on a crunchy looking leaf
22. I wish I had an invisibility cloak
23. I like vintage everything and wished I lived in the 50’s
24. I can be incredibly spontaneous at the drop of a hat
25. I think the cutest animal ever is a baby elephant
26. I drink green tea every morning
27. I love hot yoga because of how good and relaxed I feel after all the sweating and stretching
28. My favourite movies are Dumb and Dumber, Turner and Hooch, Julie and Julia, and Toy Story
29. I can be very sneaky
30. I get goosebumps watching ballet